Views
Helpful
Replies

Get Digit micro application

Bozzy2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to configure a Get Digit Microapplication, however, I cannot figure out how to do this:

I need to get two digits but if the customer doesn't dial these 2 digits (timeout occurs) I want the script to continue without an error.

How can I make the configuration of that GD?

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

CVP, I assume?

The Run External Script will fail when the entry times out.

Normally it will play an error message, repeat the prompt, play the error message, repeat the prompt etc. Depends on the number of tries you configure. In ICM Script Editor it will exit the "X" port when the maximum no entry tries is reached.

Insert an "IF" node and test user.microapp.error_code. If the value is 17, your Get Digit microapp timed out (technically, Reached Maximum No Entry Tries).

Carry on and do what you want to.

See CVP 4.1 Manual page 177 for the error codes. You should study these and memorise them. (OK, I was kidding about the memorise bit).

Unless you do something special, you will hear the sys message "please make a selection". You need to override that by changing the configuration and setting the Timeout Message Override to "Y". See page 198.

You must now supply (say) half a second of silence in a WAV file in your app directory. The name of this file is very important or this will not work. _no_entry_error.wav. See page 525.

You probably want to set the number of tries to 1.

This is when you want to do something like: "please enter your two digit code or just stay on the line if you don't have one".

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

CVP, I assume?

The Run External Script will fail when the entry times out.

Normally it will play an error message, repeat the prompt, play the error message, repeat the prompt etc. Depends on the number of tries you configure. In ICM Script Editor it will exit the "X" port when the maximum no entry tries is reached.

Insert an "IF" node and test user.microapp.error_code. If the value is 17, your Get Digit microapp timed out (technically, Reached Maximum No Entry Tries).

Carry on and do what you want to.

See CVP 4.1 Manual page 177 for the error codes. You should study these and memorise them. (OK, I was kidding about the memorise bit).

Unless you do something special, you will hear the sys message "please make a selection". You need to override that by changing the configuration and setting the Timeout Message Override to "Y". See page 198.

You must now supply (say) half a second of silence in a WAV file in your app directory. The name of this file is very important or this will not work. _no_entry_error.wav. See page 525.

You probably want to set the number of tries to 1.

This is when you want to do something like: "please enter your two digit code or just stay on the line if you don't have one".

Regards,

Geoff

Thank you Geoff,

I will try it today and give you the news.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: