Views
Helpful
Replies

Backing up WLC 4402

svillardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On a daily basis, how can I automate the backup of my WLC 4402.

On my switches and router we use KiwiTools.

I saw the commands to do a TFTP upload, but there is a confirmation ("Start? y/N:") that won't allow that to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.....

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

How about scripting it and using cron?

Here is an example of using a script to pull info from a 4402 controller

http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=20030

look towards the bottom of the thread for the file containing the script. The script can be modified to do whatever commands on the controller you like.

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded the scripts, but this is WAY over my head. I don't really do much with scripting. Any other suggestions or tutorials to explain how these files are written would be very helpful.

Thanks again,

Scott.....

The wireless control system does this by default. This is not a free solution, but depending on what your time is worth, it may be cheaper then trying to get something else to work. Plus it has a ton of other goodies.

Unfortunately, that's not an option. I can't believe that's the only option.

Thanks,

Scott.....

Currently, the controller CLI is not as functional as IOS in terms of scripting. My 1st post shows how to do it via script.

The only options you have are:

1 manually

2 Use WCS which backs up the controllers

3 Use a script

4 dig through the snmp strings and pull the config via snmp

I heard a rumor that the controllers will eventually have an IOS-like CLI at networkers last year, but haven't seen anything yet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card