cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console and Active Directory

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, i have 3 sites and 3 CCM cluster version 4.2 with active directory integration. Now, i need to have 3 attendant console, one by site. The problem is only one ac user id (in the active directory) is permit for attendant console. Any way to do this?

Regards

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

associate all the config from the 3 sites to the same ac user

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

ok, I understand you, but i need to answer calls of clients from 3 different countries, therefore, i need 3 attendant consoles.I have a cluster in country A, other cluster in the country B and other in country C. The 3 cluster are not connected to each other, but they are using the same Active Directory.

Regards

i think you do not understand how this works, you need to create one AC user. BUT you can create several AC USERS, there is a difference between those. the AC user is the one that has control over the pilot and the phones it's in the directory, the AC USERS are the ones for which you create username and pwd in the CUCM admin page and that are stored in the DB.

do not confuse the terms

the ones you use to log into the app are AC USERS.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Dear Jaime

I understand how it works. I usually configured att. console and is easy, but this is my first time that the users are not in the DC directory of CUCM, in this case, the users are in the active directory, this active directory is the same for all cluster, the clusters are not connected between them, and for some reason, the att. console for the cluster A woks fine using a operator1 user of active directory, but if i configure other att. console in the cluster B, i add a new operator2 user in the active directory, not works.

Regards

You can change the ac user to something else for the other two clusters. Forgot where it was: Service Parameters? and/or maybe the advanced settings tool?

you can indeed change it. but that's in 5.x/6.x, not in 4.x

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

acconfig.bat has a JTAPI Username and JTAPI password fields. I haven't tried changing it. Maybe it doesn't change for AD integration?

Maybe this is one of your (orig poster's) upgrade justifiers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: