Views
Helpful
Replies

strange issue

ahmedalshami
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have two WISM deployed on two core switches for redundancy ,there are two problems happened the first one is the new access point that i added to our system didn't take IP after some time its get IP then it lost it

the second issue is coverage in the hall its showing some clients disconnected and don't authentication for some times(EAP-TLS)and connected then disconnected.

please check the logs for the two WISM

please advice

3 Replies 3

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

It looks as though the AP may not actually be disassociating. I think you tried to swapping the AP.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Issue #1: Can you share with us how you have your WLAN set up for the APs to get an IP Address. DNS, 43??

Issue #2: If your clients are getting kicked from the network for a period of time and then coming back. You may want to check CLIENT EXCLUSION. If you have that on, your clients maybe getting kicked by the controller and put in hold for a period of time before allowing it back on the network ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

i havr DNS and option 43

not clients the main issue is the access points lose connectivity and coudnt take ip address some times and back again then not connected

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card