Validating the certificate

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2008

Is there is anyway to validate a Cisco certificate of one candidate if I know only Cisco ID . I don't have his certification verification number

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Sat, 05/17/2008 - 05:18

I'm pretty sure there isn't.

The usual process is that you'd go to the Certification Tracking Tool system, and click the link for verification.

You, as the person of interest, enter the email address of the person you're trying to show proof, the system sends an email to them with a link to the tracking system and your record of status.

What I do/did is to enter my own email address, then print out the records from the screen. If the interested party wants live verification, then I can set up a display link.

Good Luck

Scott

paul.matthews Fri, 05/23/2008 - 05:54

There are two ways if validating. If someone claims to be a CCIE you need the name (with exact spelling( they are known as on the system and their number. The name has t be accurate - If someone is on the system as a forename of Phillip, then Phil or Philip will not work. For that go to www.cico.com/go/ccie and follow the links for the verification tool.

For other accreditations, they gan generate an invite from the tracking system that will let you log in and see their status.

I don't beleive there is any way to covertly check someone's status.

Paul.

Actions

This Discussion