Helpful
Replies

HUM issues

v.vasilev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've been getting the following messages:

1. Error in getting HUM System Summary.Please see HUMPortlet.log for more details

2. Error in getting Interfcae Discards.Please see HUMPortlet.log for more details

3. Histo - Graph It is temporarily unavailable.

4. Top CPU says "Loading" and nothing else.

Does anyone know where HUMPortlet.log is located. I've been searching but could not find it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladislav

12 Replies 12

v.vasilev
Level 1
Level 1

I've uploaded a screenshot!

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's actually HUMPortal.log, and it's in the standard logfile location.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I seem to be getting a lot of ERRORS like this one:

[ V 16 17:19:44 EEST 2008 ],ERROR,[TP-Processor16],com.cisco.nm.upm.portal.DeviceAvailability,getDeviceAvailabilityInfo,157,ASA Error -297: User-defined exception signaled Error Code = 13662com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -297: User-defined exception signaled

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:3281)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.nextResult(Tds.java:2548)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(ResultGetter.java:69)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:220)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(SybStatement.java:203)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.queryLoop(SybStatement.java:1614)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybCallableStatement.executeQuery(SybCallableStatement.java:102)

at com.cisco.nm.upm.portal.DeviceAvailability.getDeviceAvailabilityInfo(DeviceAvailability.java:109)

at com.cisco.nm.upm.portal.cache.DeviceAvailabilityCache.getDeviceAvailabilityBean(DeviceAvailabilityCache.java:87)

at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.screens.portal.view.DeviceAvailability_jsp._jspService(DeviceAvailability_jsp.java:244)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:692)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:470)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:405)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.java:1758)

at com.cisco.nm.uii.UIIController.processActionForward(UIIController.java:380)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1595)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:491)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:754)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:684)

Regards,

Vladislav

Is this installed on Windows or Solaris?

Windows Server 2003 R2

Please post the entire HUMPortal.log as well as the syslog.log. Note: this file might have to be compressed.

Thanks for looking at this!

Regards,

Vladislav

It looks like you have some massive process failures. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Here it is...

Since this is a new installation I was considering re-installing that add-on... would this help?

The pdshow looks fine, which is strange given the errors I was seeing in syslog.log. However, I suppose they may have been transient. One thing I did notice in your pdshow is that LMS appears to be installed on a server which is not using US English as its locale. The only other instance of these errors I've seen was from a customer that installed HUM on a server with a German locale.

Try setting the locale of the server to US English, then uninstall and reinstall HUM.

That did not help. I guess I will re-install CiscoWorks. Thanks this is new installation... what if it was a production server...

Thanks for looking at this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: