Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI OS Server support multiple peripherals

sindhuravi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Will ctios server support multiple peripherals(PG), if possible Kindly let us know the procedure to do.

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No. The CTI Object Server connects to the CTI server running on the PG. Multiple redundant pairs of CTIOS can be configured with one redundant pair of CTI servers to support a very large agent pool.

Regards,

Geoff

Well in reality CTIOS supports also multiple peripherals or PIMs configured on a PG or PGs, you might need to eventually manually modify the registry depending on what you are looking for.

This kind of scenarios are truly a bit of a bottleneck since the number of active connections one CTIOS Server will be able to deal with is still limited.

Further more there have been issues in handling the events for multiple enabled peripherals and filter them based on peripheral ids to avoid the message queue to fill up and eventually break the CTIOS buffer, see CSCsi00989.

Regards,

Riccardo

>"Well in reality CTIOS supports also multiple peripherals or PIMs configured on a PG or PGs"

Riccardo, fair comment. Do you have any customers doing that? What is the purpose of such a set up?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I know of a couple of installs, small ones, where the second PIM was an addon to an existing deployment, it was done that way to reduce hardware costs and simply add some agent licenses.

I do agree it is a fairly limited scenario.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ricardo,

suppose if i have 2500 agent in one Agent PG(one PG can support max 2500 Agent), Pl advice me how to config the single cti os server ?

Hi Sindhu,

this is a perfect question for one of the groups I work in, the PDI:

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Your question would require some followup:

a) What is your ICM/CTI release?

b) Are you connected to a TDM ACD or a CUCM?

c) Are you doing any voice recording, silent monitoring?

d) How many servers do you have? What HW specs?

And so on.

Please raise a case with this questions answered and it will be attended properly.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ricardo,

Please find the required details

a) ICM 7.2.2

b) CUCM

c) Required voice recording and silent monitoring

d) 4 MCS 7845 server and 6000 agents.

Kindly help us how to distribute the agents in one ctios server.

Hi Sindhu,

they would most likely not fit 4 servers, not even one.

Please raise a PDI case or contact your local Cisco SE and have him raise it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: