Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on report display in table format on 7970G

cisco_query
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know how to use the xml objects to display data on Cisco IP Phone using Ip Phone services. Now I want to generate report in table format on the phone.But in the xml objects available there is no option display data in table format .

Should I have to use BTXML for that ?

or do I have to diaplay it as an image ?

I want to keep the first row as heading and the rest of rows I should scroll and view.

Please let me know how to do that .Please also provide any sample documents or links.

Thanks,

Peter

7 Replies 7

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your only option is to use images as the CiscoIPPhone language has no table. Also, you can give up on the scrolling.. it's not possible.

This is THE link you should know about prior to posting: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Look for the IP Phone Services SDK to get started with IP phone services development.

Hi,

It is possible to display real time reports in IP Phone, especially for bank transcations. I am attaching sample image for your reference.

What exactly is btxml ?Is it possible with that ?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

Do I have to convert the html table to CiPImage to display in the IP Phone. ? I am having the document from sdk form converting ti CipImage. But in the document I am not getting information how to convert html table to Cipimage. Please help me in this.

Thanks ,

Peter

I've never really seen btxml in the wild.. it may be used in environments where people use Cisco phones but connected to SIP proxies, and not callmanagers. I don't think this is the place to discuss btxml.. I've never seen a single mention.. you might find people in Asterisk or similar forums though.

Now, your screenshot shows a CiscoIPPhoneImage.. behind it is a simple PNG image, at a resolution of 298x168 and at 24bits (the shot looks like from an IP Communicator). Depending on the phone type, the resolution varies (IP Communicator and 797x phones have the same resolution but different bit depths, the 7965/54 have a lower res and 16bit, the 7921 supports a resolution of 176x140 at 16 bit).

It's probably easier for you if you stick to the CiscoIPPhoneImageFile instead of the CiscoIPPhoneImage because PNG is a standard, whereas with CIP you either write your own library, or you create a GIF in your code then use Cisco's code to convert that to a CIP file.

For your reference, here's the latest IP Phone services developer guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/XSIbook.html. It contains detailed information about every CiscoIPPhone element, including samples.

Creating a PNG file pro grammatically is a bit out of scope of this forum.. you need to figure that one out on your own but there are tons of other boards on the web that deal with that kind stuff. Once you have the PNG, creating the appropriate CiscoIPPhoneImageFile object will be a piece of cake. Once you have your PNG generation in order and still have trouble getting the object to the phone, it would be appropriate to continue here.

Thanks for the inputs. I will check the PNG option and get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

As you suggested I converted the table data to PNG image file . I am passing the PNG image as as

Employee

Test

http://11.42.120.190:8080/ip_phone/image.png

Now I am facing the below issue.

The generated png file is having dimension as 974*3552. I am using Cisco IP communicator for testing.When I am giving this file. I am getting run time error and the IP comminicator gets closed. But when I am generating the png image with dimension 298*156, I am able to display properly.But when I generate image with 298*156 , I am getting only part of the data in my image i.e If I have 3 columns and 200 rows, when I reduce dimension the image will be having only 1 column and 6 rows.

Is it possible to display png image with 974*3552 ? Will it be possilbe to scroll the image and see since the lcd display is having only 298*156 resolution. Please help as I am stuck up at this stage.

Thanks,

Peter

I'm afraid the limits mentioned in the ip phone service developer guide are final.. .you can't go beyond the values mentioned there (I think you can go a bit higher in vertical resolution) and there is no way to scroll. However, you could have softkeys to navigate left/right/up/down to move to a different area of your image.. so you'd need to split up the generated image into pieces that the phone can handle and then offer softkeys to navigate in between the pieces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: