cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Vista 64-bit?

kirmo
Level 1
Level 1

As our laptops come with 4Gig and Vista Business 64 bit, we have a problem with our Cisco Pix IPSec firewall. As a temporary kludge, I have installed Cisco VPN 5.0.3 in windows 2000 which I run under VMWare but this is not a feasible solution for our users.

When will we be able to download Cisco IPSec/UDP VPN client for Vista 64 bit?

7 Replies 7

Yes, but as far as I know, if the server side supports only IPSec/UDP, then we have a problem.

Besides our own Pix 506E we connect to multiple client locations where we have no control.

It shouldn't be rocket science to port the already working VPN Client to 64 bit Vista.

About time!! I have been waiting on this for a year now for my Windows Vista 64-bit laptop. What the hell is CISCO doing? It should be *much* easier to compile the stupid client code into 64-bit and release it than to pointing users to clumsy server side workarounds!!!

Anyone from Cisco care to comment?

Is this a business choice not to support owners of "old" VPN server hardware or is there a plan to publish the IPsec VPN Client in the near future?

Regards,

Kirmo Uusitalo

Why is it taking so long to release a 64-bit VPN client? I'm just a user. I have no control over the server setup of my company. The only solution that will work for me is a 64-bit version of the IPsec client.

We have other customers with similar problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929490

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

February 18, 2010
Due to popular demand, the Cisco VPN Client v5.0.7 open beta is now available!
In addition to serving as a general maintenance release, the Cisco VPN Client 5.0.7 beta is compatible with Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit environments. 
A 64-bit specific compatible image is available for installation on these platforms.

Please have communicate feedback (both positive and problems) to cvc-beta@cisco.com.

Key Capabilities available for Beta Testing:
New Platform support – Windows 7 & Windows Vista 64-bit platform compatibility
Software Access: http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=281940730 (under 5.BETA)
Software is available for download by any customer with a Cisco.com SMARTnet™ enabled login.
Release Notes will be available next week via a link once the download image is selected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: