Helpful
Replies

Communication manager 6.1 seat license clarification

jachowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a doubt in Communications Manager 6.1 and it is,

when we order for a communication manager ( 1 server), we get 5 ENHANCED seat licenses free of cost. I can upgrade the same to 5 PREMIUM seat licenses.

I want to kn0w, when we order for 2 communication managers, we get 10 ENHANCED licenses. Can we also upgrade those to 10 premium licenses. If yes, then what part codes shall i be using.

Also if i order for say 5 CM's, can i upgrade 25 ENH free licenses to 25 PREMIUM licenses?

Please consider it and provide me an appropriate solution.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Hi,

you get the promotional softwares ONE in number for each UCM cluster.

Thus if you are ordering 5 callmanagers for one cluster you'll get only 5 seat CCE.

-> Sushil

Thanks a lot for your quick response Mr. Sushil,

Plz clarify as per the BoM i have taken 2 Communication Managers 6.1 & got 10 ENHANCED LICENSES.

In the excel file attached i have upgraded those to 10 PREMIUM seats. Do let me know, if this is the exact process which needs to be followed. Also in row 33 ( which i have highlighted in RED) needs to be doubled or the quantity should be kept as 1?

Hi,

If you refer to this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/product_promotion0900aecd804b594d.html

it states "One bundle is offered on a per-server basis for single-server Cisco Unified Communications Manager server deployments. One bundle is offered on a per-cluster basis for multiple-server Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusters"

Thus this being a single cluster deployment, you'll only get 5 seats. So you need to upgrade those 5 seats from enhanced to premium and then add 5 more seats.

Find attached the BoM required. Would suggest you to get it verified by your partner or cisco.

-> Sushil

Hi,

I am having one more query in this case.

when we order for CM, we get certain softwares which are free, like operation manager cd & 5 seat Enhanced licenses. Now, when we order two quantities of it, the free software too gets doubled.

My question is for ESW, do we need to take quantity 1 or quantity 2 for those free softwares. Customer would never wish to pay for additional 5 seat enhanced seat free licenses when he is not using it at all.

I have attached the BoM for your reference. i feel row 15 & 16 should be quantity 1 in the attached excel file. Please clarify..