Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS/C6500: Difference between IOS Feature Sets

schuetzm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm going to install two C6509-E. Right now I'm trying to find out what are the differences between the feature sets:

- IP SERVICES SSH LAN ONLY

- IP SERVICES SSH

We need IP Services for EIGRP and QoS, furthermore i need to configure HSRP for some VLANs/IP-subnets.

Software Advisor says, that the features are common. So which feature set and image should i install??

Thanks

Matthias

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matthias

The LAN only does not have support for the flexwan and some of the WAN modules/cards. I can't find a list of them at the moment but if you don't have any you should be fine with either version.

Jon

View solution in original post

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matthias

The services that you mention are common in both of these feature sets. The difference is that the IP SERVICES SSH LAN ONLY does not provide WAN services (which makes its memory requirement less). If you need WAN services do not use this image. If all you need are LAN services then this image is fine.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matthias

The LAN only does not have support for the flexwan and some of the WAN modules/cards. I can't find a list of them at the moment but if you don't have any you should be fine with either version.

Jon

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matthias

The services that you mention are common in both of these feature sets. The difference is that the IP SERVICES SSH LAN ONLY does not provide WAN services (which makes its memory requirement less). If you need WAN services do not use this image. If all you need are LAN services then this image is fine.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card