Views
Helpful
Replies

Network MoH

shaunswales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having problem with MoH, it works fine for everything except for when transferring a call that came from the PSTN, internal calls when transferred to another extension works fine. The operator presses transfer, and music plays on the calling party side, the number gets entered and when the transfer button is pushed again, there is no ringing sound or anything (Only if the calling party is internal), callers then think they have been cut off and then put the phone down.

Is there anything I need to do on the gateway to enable this, or is it a setting on the CCM 5.1?

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure the GW has a MRGL with MOH servers in it so it can access the resources

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

How would I do this?

Thanks

go into the GW and check the MRGL assigned, then go to the MRGL and see the MRG assigned, then go thru each MRG and see if there's a MOH server

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Sorry not following you.

all that i mentioned is on the CUCM, all you need to do is device -> gateway and so on

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Based on this problem description:

'The operator presses transfer, and music plays on the calling party side...the number gets entered and when the transfer button is pushed again, there is no ringing sound...'

Is it possible the issue is really one of 'no ringback on transfer', as opposed to being a MOH issue?

Regards,

Michael.

Okay, got you. I have created sip trunks to the gateway, a non mgcp gateway. Have checked Mrgl and all that, but still no luck, so yes it is a problem with the ringing sound that people can't hear while being trasferred, not MoH, my apologies... any other ideas I can try?

Shaun,

I believe the Annunciator resource is used to provide the ringback tone over the SIP trunk. Could you ensure that the trunk's MRGL has access to the annunciator and test again?

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael

Checked under device>>trunk, the mrgl is configured to a group list I have created, and in that list is ann 2 and ann 3. Tried again, nothing. It works internally but not from outside.

Hi Shaun,

Could you please post here the detailed CCM traces collected while replicating the problem?

Please also note and elaborate on the extensions and sequence of recreating it.

Thanks,

Michael.

announcement network locale not found id55

kannaudioundefinedlocale - unknown ANN locale locale identifier 55

Seems to be a propblem with the locale, where do I change this? It was set as South Africa, but when you go into any device and try select it form the drop down, it is not there, so I have changed it back toi the default USA. HELP!!!

Hi Shaun,

Check and see what Device Pool the SIP Trunk is configured for. Go to 'Device -> Trunk' from CCMAdmin, to see the SIP trunk and then look at it to see its Device Pool setting.'

Next, see what the 'Network Locale" setting is for that Device Pool (seen in 'System -> Device Pool')

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael

Have checked and the locale for the device pool that the trunk is in, is US, it was South Africa, but that wasnt working earlier so I changed it back to US. Also in Enterprise Parameters under localization, it was also set to south africa but i have changed it back to US, still doesnt work. Here are the full trace logs relating to the ringback:

05/26/2008 13:43:47.055 VoiceStrm|kANNAudioUndefinedLocale - Unknown ANN Locale Locale identifier:55 App ID:Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:TridentCM2|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:172.16.0.190><:ALARM><:ALL><:FFFF>

05/26/2008 13:43:47.055 VoiceStrm| CPlayWavFilesMgr::Play aid(18) cid(29848848) Unknown ANN resource. Locale(1) AnnID(36)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:172.16.0.190><:ERROR><:2000>

05/26/2008 13:43:51.077 VoiceStrm| [ANN][172.16.0.190] DeviceMgr::recvStationStopMediaTransmissionMsg *ERROR* Conference ID is invalid!, passThruPartyID=16806099|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:172.16.0.190><:ERROR><:2000>

05/26/2008 13:44:11.527 VoiceStrm| CANNAudio::GetAnnouncement() *ERROR* Announcement network locale not found ID(55)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:172.16.0.190><:ERROR><:2000>

Hi Shaun,

One more item on the check list.

Please check the Device Pool used by the annunciator resources. Ensure that that the Device Pools they are using also have the locale set to United States, English. Reset the annunciator and test again.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: