cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT question

techtips03
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if I can do a NAT translation between my internal network to another internal range?

I have my internal range 192.168.2.x and remote end tunnel network does not accept this range as they have this on their network as well. I cannot change my internal range. So they want me to do a translation on my internal network from 192.168.2.x to 10.220.x.x so they can accept traffic from 10.220.x.x

Is that possible to do this translation at my end?

3 Replies 3

srue
Level 7
Level 7

Here's an example using a pix/asa 7.x for what you need:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00808c9950.shtml

what kind of firewall/vpn device do you have though?

Thanks. This helped me to know how to configure this. My device is a Netgear VPN firewall FVG318 and the other end is Cisco ASA.

I dont think I can do this kind of translation on my netgear unit. Any other way I can configure this other than changing my internal range to 10.220.x.x?

Appreciate your quick response on this

The only other option would be if you had a device somewhere inbetween your LAN and vpn device that could do this sort of policy NAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card