Views
Helpful
Replies

CM4.2(3) - Firmware 7975G

abartolomeu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've run cmterm-7975-sccp.8-3-5.exe on a CM4.2(3). It seems to go OK. Still I can't configure a 7975G phone; the firmware does not appear as an option. I've already reset the CM server with no result.

What could the problem be?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just running the firmware is not enough to get support for a phone model

see you meet the minimum requirements on this link:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G, 7965G, 7945G Release Notes for Firmware Release 8.3(2) (SCCP and SIP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/firmware/8_3_2/english/release/notes/75832.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi!

Thanks for the tip. They recommend the installation of 4.2(3)SR2 - ciscocm.4-2-3-DevPack-30. Do you know how long this can take?

Thanks,

Ana

i really cannot tell, it's always HW dependant and also at what time you're doing it and the CPU load from the server.

i'd do this after hours and would ask for a couple of hours to complete the whole process, if you have several servers since it needs to be installed on all servers it will take longer so probably a maintenance window would be a good idea

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi!

I'm having the following problem now, after running the service pack:

When I try to configure on the CM a new IP phone it always gives me the following message: "Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP); Switch Port: Warning! CDP should only be disabled...". And I have CDP enabled on the menu for both switch and PC ports. I click OK and then an error window opens : “https://xxxxx/CCMAdmin/_RemoteScripts/rs_phone.asp?... “ I cannot insert new devices no matter what if it is a 7941G or a 7975G.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Ana

i believe that is a bug, you need to install the latest SR and devpack to fix it

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Ana,

4.2(3)SR3 is probably the way to go. Here is a workaround for the time being :)

CM 4.2.3

After applying ES26

update , modification on any Third generation IP Phones , 7941/7961/7970 , From CCM Administration page after updating 4.2.3 ES26 pops up Error message

"Cisco Discovery protocol CDP : switch Port: Warning! CDP should only be disabled on the Network Port if the phone is connected to non-switch.

For further details , consult the call Manager Administration guide.

Note If you clicked update just prior to receiving this message, the update operation did not occur.PLease click ok and then click update again to save your changes."

Click OK

Second time message comes again with same description including VT Advantage .

click OK

The update does take effect though.

Conditions:

Applied ES26 on Call Manager 4.2.3 . Issue started after applying ES26

Workaround:

None

Further Problem Description:

All IP Phones are connected to Cisco Switches and have CDP enabled .

It does not matter If the third generation IP Phone is registered or not registered with call Manager.Message pops up on both the cases for all third generation IP Phones.

7940,7960 Phones do not have this problem.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Now I have ciscocm.4-2-3-DevPack-46.

I will run 4.2(3)SR3 to try to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Ana

It worked.

Thanks once more!

Ana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: