CCNA IPv6 questions???

Unanswered Question
May 19th, 2008

Im just about ready to take the 640-802 exam. I was wondering how much concentration cisco is putting in the exam w/ regards to IPv6. Should I spend some time going over this material or can I wing it?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Justin Brenton Mon, 05/19/2008 - 11:44

Hi Marc,

The exam I did didn't have many IPv6 questions. The questions I did receive on IPv6 were based on the : placement. Just learn the basics on IPV6 and you should be fine, you will not have to develop any type of address on your own from my knowledge.

I would not expect to see anything for IPv6 in a scenario question.

HTH, Please rate.

sirdudesly Mon, 05/19/2008 - 16:25

When I did CCNAv3 ipv6 barely rated a mention, obviously it's moved on a bit from then so make sure your source material is current.

Pravin Phadte Tue, 05/20/2008 - 08:47

Its better if you go throgh the IP6 since it will help you in u r futher cert.

marc.almodovar Mon, 05/26/2008 - 16:04

Thanks for the replies everyone. Im moving forward with learning it anyway, after all, this is the future of addressing as we know it. I was just curious to see how much Cisco puts an emphasis on this for the NA exam. I'll be taking this test in 2 weeks. Will post once I pass.

najumiqbal Wed, 06/04/2008 - 08:33

Hi Marc,

I think you should do basic of IPv6. Just a tip if you can memorize how the address is represented in different format. I have these kind of question in my exam, so good luck

This Discussion