cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Place Video

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Cisco Meeting Place Express 2.0, and I would like schedule video conferencing. I Schedule a new meeting and in the MoreOption I don't have options available to Video Meeting, the options if the MoreOptions are:

More options

Meeting password

Billing code

Language English (US)

Who can attend

Entry announcement

Exit announcement

Web meeting room

How I can enable this option?

9 Replies 9

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Have you purchased video ports for your MPE 2.0? These are licensed separately from voice or web ports. Here is the release notes for MPE 2.0 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/release/notes/b_rn20.html#wp245504. You should review the Video Conferencing Endpoint Requirements section. requirements as well as make sure your CallManager supports video (versions 4.1 and greater).

Ginger

Hi, this is my License Summary in my Cisco Meeting Place Version 2:

I have this licences:

Name : videoconf

Enable: 6

Installed: 0

And have enable videocall and videoconference in my Cisco IP phones, and this works succesfull.

CCM: 5.0, 7970+VtAdvantage.

What I need ?

Hi -

I believe with CallManager 5.0, you can use H.323 or SIP to integrate video conferencing end points (like Tandberg or Polycom). We've not done this yet. Here is the sample Cisco documentation:

H.323 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/administration/guide/cm20cal2.html

SIP - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_0/english/administration/guide/cm20cal4.html

I would also check with your conferencing system's vendor because they may have their own integration document for CallManager 5.0.

Ginger

Hi,

I think you didn't configure the user to allow setup a video meeting.

You have to edit the user profile and configure the user can also setup a video meeting. Default is attend only.

hermanvoet, you're right !

Now the user can reserve video resource !

hermanvoet, could you help me whit this problem:

The configuration of the Exchange dont work,the configuration is as follows:

E-Mail Service Administration/Exchange Server Configuration

Hostname: the ip address of the exchange server

Languaje: en_GB

SSL enabled: false

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Mailbox Account

Windows domain: the name of windows domain

USername: username of the account of meeting place express

Password: the password of the account meeting place express

E-mail: the mailbox of the meeting place express

Mailbox maintenance interval (days) * : 7

Mailbox maintenance cutover (days) * : 14

I test this configuration in the button test and this message appear:

"Unknown language error. Check that the Exchange Server language is correct."

What I can I do to resolve this problem?

The accounts of the mailbox and the windows works fine!

Nice to hear it works fine now ;)

About your Exchange configuration; I guess you should use en_US instead of en_GB...

About your video session... have you tried it and did it work integraded to MPE? Mine is coming up as VT advantage session in case of integrated in MPE. It could be a license problem (my setup is running with the default license which are default installed). In my opinion it should work fine but I can't say for sure.

Could you try to setup a video session for me and see what's happen or do you know the problem? Bot phones 1 DP, 1 CSS, 1 Region/location etc. configuration of the phones is the same. Only the number is different.

Thanks,

Hi, I change the languaje to en_US and the problem continue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: