Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator without LDAP?

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to use the personal comunicator without configure a LDAP server, but just using the users list of the CUCM??

thanks in advance for your help,

Baptiste

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are talking about the CUPC client, you have to configure an LDAP source if you want to be able to IM between other CUPC users. You can not use the directory off CUCM either. Will not work.

If you want to use CUPC to just do Remote Call Control or the Softphone, this will work. Presence of other CUPC clients and IM will not work without and LDAP source.

Even a simple source will work. Stand up an AD server and create a directory of users. Reference this in the configs and there is your source.

Just to clarify, in order to use the "Search" capability then you have to have LDAP. There is no access to the traditional "Corporate Directory" in CUCM unless you create a LDAP and hook CUPS to it.

Correct. If you want to search or IM any other CUPC subscriber, you have to use and LDAP source.

When I was testing it, I found that odd also. But it makes sense from a security point, or if you wanted to limit functionality for certain subscribers.

Understood, so is there a quick way to dump the CUCM directory to get it into AD without doing the LDAP sync in CUCM? The client I am asking for is not LDAP integrated with AD currently.

You can simply do a BAT export of the current users in CUCM. It will spit out to a CSV file. It will everything you see on the users properties page in CUCM.

You can then import this into AD using a script. (not quite clear on that part, but I know you can)

I had a client that did not have AD setup yet. (Novell shop). But they did have Unity setup as Voicemail only. For a temp solution for CUPS/CUPC, we used the Unity domain and it worked fine. The client understand that they will eventually have to move the LDAP lookup and authentication to the production AD environment when they are ready.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: