CCM 5.1 Call Forking

Answered Question
May 19th, 2008
User Badges:

I'm runnig ccm 5.1(3), how can i configure call forking without using shared lines or hunt groups?; i need this because i need that any phone that received a call can set a call forward all to any other phone.

Correct Answer by ivillegas about 9 years 2 months ago

You can configure call forking as explained below:

To configure call forking there is a parameter "MaxForks" under section "Sip Server Core" of "Farm\Proxies" of GUI.

MaxForks-Maximum number of branches that can be forked when Cisco SPS functions as a stateful server. Range is 1 to 6. Default is 5. Moreover forked requests can be in parallel or sequence but CSPS only supports parallel forking and since CSPS is in EOL thereforeThere is no plan to add any functionality on CSPS. Call forking enables the terminating gateway to handle multiple requests and the originating gateway to handle multiple provisional responses for the same call. Call forking is required for the deployment of the find me/follow me type of services.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ivillegas Fri, 05/23/2008 - 06:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can configure call forking as explained below:

To configure call forking there is a parameter "MaxForks" under section "Sip Server Core" of "Farm\Proxies" of GUI.

MaxForks-Maximum number of branches that can be forked when Cisco SPS functions as a stateful server. Range is 1 to 6. Default is 5. Moreover forked requests can be in parallel or sequence but CSPS only supports parallel forking and since CSPS is in EOL thereforeThere is no plan to add any functionality on CSPS. Call forking enables the terminating gateway to handle multiple requests and the originating gateway to handle multiple provisional responses for the same call. Call forking is required for the deployment of the find me/follow me type of services.

Actions

This Discussion