cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to trun off the status update from the terminal console

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 2.6 on Solaris, when I work from command line(console) CW status update keep bother me. how I can turn off.to work on command line without interruption.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These messages will also be logged to wherever your local7 facility is set to be logged. By default, this is /var/log/syslog_info. Stopping all remote syslogging is probably not what you want. However, if you did, you could simply restart syslogd with the -t option. Or, using Solaris 10:

svccfg -s system-log setprop config/log_from_remote = false

To keep these messages from coming into this log, you'd either have to disable syslogging from this device temporarily, or, assuming the device is running 12.3(2)T or higher, use the Embedded Syslog Manager to filter just these RTD-1-LINK_FLAP messages from being sent to the server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Specifically to what status updates do you refer?

here 1 example .

May 19 10:08:55 lreXX-1x 213445: .May 19 10:08:54.291 PDT: %RTD-1-LINK_FLAP: LongReachEthernet0/7 link down/up 6 times per min.

got.. non stop this kind of message. i know the message is important but bother me a lot.

Ah, syslog messages on the UNIX console. You can disable these by modifying /etc/syslog.conf. You should see a line like:

*.alert root

Change this to:

*.alert;local7.none root

Then restart syslogd. Note: you may need to add local7.none to other lines to keep all device messages from being seen on terminals. This also assumes you're using the default local7 facility.

if the log is recorded instead of showing on terminal, isn't fill out my hard drive? we are in the preparation of upgrade to 3.1 my current

LMS 2.6 hard drive almost out of space. is this process need hard drive space?Thank you so much

Not so sure about LMS.

I would say apply the command no console logging on the device and you will not get the console logging msg.

These messages will also be logged to wherever your local7 facility is set to be logged. By default, this is /var/log/syslog_info. Stopping all remote syslogging is probably not what you want. However, if you did, you could simply restart syslogd with the -t option. Or, using Solaris 10:

svccfg -s system-log setprop config/log_from_remote = false

To keep these messages from coming into this log, you'd either have to disable syslogging from this device temporarily, or, assuming the device is running 12.3(2)T or higher, use the Embedded Syslog Manager to filter just these RTD-1-LINK_FLAP messages from being sent to the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: