cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER with multiple location

mpower78
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented a cer solution before and now customer wants to expand to other site.

However, the first site was based on 10 digit local dialing and new site will be based on 7 digit dialing.

in CER configuration, I already have 913XXXXXXXXXX for PSAP callback but how do I configure one for 7 digit?

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you explain a little more?

When the psap calls back in, hits a translation pattern, which then goes to a Route Point and into CER.

Just match it to what you need and push it CER via the RP.

You can test it all with your cell phone as "911" to see if it all works. I usually build out CER with my cell number. So when I make a call from a zone, I have it connect to my cell phone (as if I was dialing 911). I see the caller ID on my cell phone, hang up, then redial the caller ID number and CER should connect me to the phone I am standing next to.

This will help in your callback scenario as well.

Tom -

Would you mind elaborating on how to run that testing with using your cell phone as the "911 operator" ? where do you plug in your cell #? In the translation pattern for 911 and 9.911 ? Can you explain?

instead of CER dialing 9.911 or 911, I have it dial my cell number for testing. So when I make a test call from 911 on a phone from zone xyz the callback number should show up on the caller ID of my cell phone. And if I use my cell phone and use the call back number or redial, i should get the exact phone that dialed 911 if CUCM and CER are setup up correctly.

Usually when Im testing though, I do not adjust 911 or 9.911, In CER I will use something like 914 for testing purposes.

5 points for both of you guys!

GREAT TIPS!

I'll try it tomorrow night......

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply expend the second site's CER confiuration to 10 digits as well, making all ELINS 10 digits, it's transparrent to the end users. For call backs create TPs that prefix digits to make them 10 digits and the 913, then the same CTI Route Point will be matched and since the ELINs are 10 digits within CER all is good.

HTH,

Chris

5 points for both of you guys!

GREAT TIPS!

I'll try it tomorrow night......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: