Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3com 3500 corebuilder migraton

All, I have a manufacturing site (1500+) users - site is 24/7 so down time is minimal.

Lan refresh is planned to change over to all Cisco infrastructure.

I am trying to find best scenario for the core migration.

Core builder

3com 3500 18 100 baseT ports - (5 free)

6 x 100FX ports (non available) - 3 not working

5 vlans

Sites internet routers attached,

New core

Cisco 4510 + 4500 sup card V

The sub closets will be migrated one by one, but I need a good solution to complete the core migration.

Need to make sure vlan traffic at worst is kept the same..Was thinking of aggregating the available 3com ports to the new Cisco at L2, once all closets are migrated over to Cisco enable L3 on the 4500 and close the 3com core builder down?

Your Input most appreciated.

Cheers

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
1 Reply 1

mohAmed khAdr
Level 1
Level 1

You need to manually config the 45xx as core.

Line by line, you should config all the vlans, HSRP, ACLs, SNMP, <> assigned & config the ports<< trunk, speed, dup, vlan, etc>>etc on the 45xx. If you have redundancy make sure you config the mode<>.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: