Views
Helpful
Replies

Two NICs and Recording

markotisler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have installed an UCCX 6 with one NIC enabled. Now we are trying to enable voice monitoring and recording on the second NIC. Do we need to reinstall the software, or is there another way? Once we enable the second NIC, CAD applications cannot connect to the server anylonger.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For CAD recording, voice traffic from ip phones (agents) and voice gateways (callers) has to reach recording port (SPAN destination) with unaltered mac address for all parties.

CAD can recognize only original

MACs that are reported to Call Manager.

The fact that RTP stream is reaching SPAN destination port does not prove anything at all. If the VGs

are on vlan1 and IP Phones and CAD server, vlan1 traffic will be routed

to vlan3 and will have, from CAD recorder perspective, uknown source mac

address. They have to monitor voice vlan ingress + VG ports ingress in

order to preserve original MACs, and to avoid duplicate packets. It's

all explained here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008010e6ba.shtml

You have working samples there and could use those ones, you would need the same VLAN only in the event that your switch could not forward SPAN traffic, see the doc for all details.

Regards,

Riccardo

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

you should have followed the install steps at page 207 of this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_5_02/user/guide/cad64si-cm.pdf

Since you installed it you might need to modify the registry info for the newly added NIC card.

Not sure for IPCCX 6.0, but here are the entries documented for the registry:

Voice-Over IP Monitor Server

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\FastCall VoIP Monitor Server\

Setup

Sound Buffers

DWORD

Number of sound card buffers.

Default = 30; minimum is 3. If the monitor sound quality is choppy, stuttering, or like a

motorboat you may be able to make it sound better by adjusting this value higher.

Setting the value higher increases the sound lag, and may cause a slight stutter at

the beginning of a monitorsession.

To Agent Port

DWORD

IP port for RTP stream being sent to Agent IP Phone.

Default value = 59010. The port must be an even number.The next port is reserved for RTCP stream.

Voice-Over IP Monitor Server registry entries

Config

App version

string

Current version of the software

Install directory

string

Base installation directory

Product name

string

Used to brand the product: affects server name, Windows application log entries

Version

string

Initial software version as set up in Install Shield.

Setup

IOR hostname

string

Hostname or IP address of the voice monitor server. Needed in multiple network card

systems to ensure the monitor server uses the IP address accessible to its clients in the

CORBA IOR.

Monitor device

string

Network adapter device on

The monitor device is the MAC address of the NIC.

Regards,

Riccardo

The thing is that i dont have the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\FastCall VoIP Monitor Server\ in registry. Should i reinstall?

Hi Mark,

check on the specific keys, in 6.0 they might have move to a Cisco folder, I do not have access to a 6.0 system myself to check.

You could surely reinstall checking the doc already provided on how to add a second NIC card.

Regards,

Riccardo

I tried the following:

from CD Administrator, i ran Setup and changed VoiP sniffer interface to the new NIC.

I can not find VoiP Monitor Server entry anywhere in register, however there is a VoiP Monitor service running, according to UCCX admin pages.

I configured local SPAN on a 2960 switch, which has all the phones and IPCC connected.

monitor session 2 source vlan 10

monitor session 2 destination interface Fa0/3

Fa0/3 is in vlan 109. Should it be in the same vlan as source vlan?

"sh interface" is showing line up, protocol down (monitoring)

For CAD recording, voice traffic from ip phones (agents) and voice gateways (callers) has to reach recording port (SPAN destination) with unaltered mac address for all parties.

CAD can recognize only original

MACs that are reported to Call Manager.

The fact that RTP stream is reaching SPAN destination port does not prove anything at all. If the VGs

are on vlan1 and IP Phones and CAD server, vlan1 traffic will be routed

to vlan3 and will have, from CAD recorder perspective, uknown source mac

address. They have to monitor voice vlan ingress + VG ports ingress in

order to preserve original MACs, and to avoid duplicate packets. It's

all explained here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008010e6ba.shtml

You have working samples there and could use those ones, you would need the same VLAN only in the event that your switch could not forward SPAN traffic, see the doc for all details.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks, I managed to solve most problems and recording now works. However, there are some softphones in the network on which we changed changed Device Name property and it doesnt match the MAC address of the computer. Phones are working fin, but could that be a problem for recording?

Nice to hear!:-)

The latest might indeed cause an issue, I would recommend holding the original MAC Address.

Please rate useful posts accordingly.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: