Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC

jpzarate
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problems to get the authentification with a SYMBOL MOBILE MC9060, and a WLC.

MC only works with LEAP, and I configure WLC with this authentification type, but it is not able to associate, neither DHCP works

With my laptop computer everything works correctly, for that that not you if it is necessary to activate or to disable something so that it works with MC.

The access-point that I use is a 1231, but I have proven with others with the same result.

for favo, he/she helps.

thank you

14 Replies 14

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

I think this issue due to the misconfiguration or incompatiability between the device please check that one.

make sure that you set the key size to 104 bit on the ssid security page. this is proper size for LEAP.

Has this issue ever been resolved? I have the same issue with a 9060. LEAP authentication is good, but DHCP fails to work. A laptop on the same SSID works fine.

Try disabling dhcp proxy. Some dhcp servers don't like handling proxied requests. Particularly those in Nortel switches and cheaper dsl type routers.

We are a 100% cisco shop. The disable dhcp proxy did not seem to make a difference. Any other suggestions?

had a similar issue with other windows mobile devices and peap. resolved by adjusting eap identity request timeout. from cmd line:

config advanced eap identity-request-timeout 30

think its 1 sec by default.

hth

andy

Hey,

That would work for guy number 1 but guy number 2 says that authentication has taken place just no IP address. Guy number 2, can you watch the lwapp debugs and see if your dhcp requests are leaving the controller, their destination, and all return traffic from the dhcp server and let us know what you see.

Hello,

We're also using Symbol MC9060 handhelds in our business and experiencing the same issues. I was sniffing with Wireshark on the DHCP as well as running a debug on the Switch, the WiSM is installed, as well as the appropriate WLC itself. It looks pretty much okay with requests/replies/offers, beside the fact that the handheld is continuously trying to discover a DHCP server. The controllers debug output (successfully bridged packet to STA) indicates the answer of the DHCP server to be sent to the handheld, nevertheless it seems, that it never arrives there. In addition to, I installed a sniffer app on the handheld as well, showing me that the packets from the DHCP server never arrive at it (But i cast doubt on the reliability of this output).

Any input is appreciated - Thank you,

Stephan

Try disabling dhcp by proxy on the controller. config dhcp proxy disable

Let me know if that helps.

It is already disabled as it also caused some problems for other clients.

Make sure there is not a lot of cochannel interference as this can effect a clients' abiltiy to associate and receive the dhcp response.

Only the symbol handhelds are having this issue - All others are working fine. Beside that, there are only two Access Points in the area I'm testing. Both are administered by me with proper channel assignment. At the time I have tested, there were also no other clients connected.

I would start to look at a TAC call to address any issues around the particular device. Also, engage Motorola/Symbol support.

With the help of the TAC the issue could be isolated and resolved by changing the EAP key index from default 0 to 3.

You may refer to the description at following link: https://docs.symbol.com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/940/11224_f.SAL_Public.html

This solution might also be adequate for the other guy having similar issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: