IPCC DR (Disaster Recovery) Test

Unanswered Question

Hi all,

I am running IPCC Enterprise 6.0 sr11 with duplexed Roggers, duplexed PGs, and duplexed IPIVRs. I did a DR test over the weekend and ran into some issues. I found that I have to have either Rogger A or PG1a online in order for the B side to go active. If I shutdown Rogger A and PG1a the call center fails. I can see that all the PIMs on PG1b went active when I shutdown PG1a but as soon as I shutdown Rogger A the call center dies even though the PIMs are still active on PG1b.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here ?

Thanks very much in advance !!!

Danny

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Riccardo Bua Mon, 05/19/2008 - 23:30

Hi,

from what I recall of your deployment you have Roggers and equal number of PGs, if that is the case still the MDS will go out of service on the B side once the private network is disconnected, to deal with this scenario you just need to add what we call as a dummy PG with no PIMs activated on the B side, so that in the event the links goes down the B router is connected to a majority of PGs and will stay active.

I recall as well you are using a MPLS Network and am not sure if the convergence time in that scenario will allow for a quick resynch and DR, but I guess it is something you were understanding while you moved to it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo Bua Tue, 05/20/2008 - 08:50

Hi Danny,

you need the Media CD add one PG maybe on the router itself, enable the PG on the router setup but do not enable any PIM for the PG and just confirm the router sees it(PG Agent goes in connected status on the B side).

Regards,

Riccardo

Actions

This Discussion