cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rock solid Internet access.

SludnevTN_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have to provide a rock solid Internet access to my users.

What technology should I use?

A the momemt I have 2 Internet connections with reliable static routing in use.

It works fine. But now all users are bihind NAT.

I want to deplow WCCP + Some Proxy (what proxy) and some mechanism that will track the helth of proxy and if it is dead the user will be NAted again.

Please help

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

joseph.derrick
Level 1
Level 1

You can basically setup a transparent proxy to cache on HTTP data. I am recommending transparent proxy so that you don't have to configure the individual proxy settings of your users' Internet browsers.

So the setup would be, users HTTP request will be intercepted by the router and forward it to your proxy server. The proxy server will then get the requested HTTP data and will go through it's default gateway settings.

You can set this up in such a way that when your proxy server is down, HTTP request will go directly to your Internet connection and not your proxy server. There should be a mechanism to check the proxy service if it's running or not and if you have a connection to the proxy server or not.

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Deejay

Any ideas?

"There should be a mechanism to check the proxy service if it's running or not and if you have a connection to the proxy server or not." - Any Ideas?

Thank you anyway.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card