CCIP Certification - Clarifications

Unanswered Question
May 19th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hello Experts,

I am studying for CCIP Certification. With reference to the below provided link:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le8/learning_certification_type_home.html

What "difference" it makes by doing a Composite paper of BGP+MPLS(642-691)and the individual paper of BGP (642-661) & MPLS (642-611)

Please clarify & Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Overall Rating: 3 (3 ratings)
Pravin Phadte Tue, 05/20/2008 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Its same as BSCI and BCMSN. It does not make any diffrence in obtaining the cert.

The cost is less if you ans combine.

Question would be on both the technology which makes it a mix and match some might feel it +ve some -ve.

I would suggest that if you have good hand on exp on MPLS and BGP you can go for the combo or else do it seperately it would help you to learn and understand the topics much better.

Same goes with BCMSN and BSCI.

Hope this helps

bvsnarayana03 Tue, 05/20/2008 - 11:31
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Both of them are vast technologies & equally important. If its not about just clearing the certification, then separate papers is definitely a better option. Each of them requires reading of atleast 4-5 times & one may be still not clear with certain concepts. So its good to prepare for these vaast technologies separately as it hlps you in future for CCIE.

devang_etcom Tue, 05/20/2008 - 15:10
User Badges:

Guru,

go for composite one... as I am also doing the same certification and I already appeared for BGP long back and want to appear for MPLS now but not getting time because of daily routine work... so it will help you to clear both the exam at one time... so only thing you will have to worry about is QOS then... and yes BGP and MPLS both are very wast so need some time but I will say go for composite...

regards

Devang Patel

guruprasadr Thu, 05/22/2008 - 01:17
User Badges:

Dear All,

Thanks for all your POST.

I have a clarification reg CCNP Certification, which my friend required:

Please provide / recommend me the preferred authorised Book for CCNP Composite EXAM (BCMSN + BSCI)642-892

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Actions

This Discussion