cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801, installing a vwic2 t1 card

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, how did you go about installing this card? Any special commands? Mine isnt showing up as an interface after installing it, but it does appear on a show diag.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For the PRI, refer to the port as 0/2/0:15

You can ignore the other identifiers.

Note depending on where you are, you can make outside call without using 9. Just have extensions all begin with a digit not used by your contry. Users like that very much because it's like calling from home.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure a pri group or cas group or channel group under controller depending what you're trying to do.

Hi mate. As im coming at this from my UC520 background then doing all this manually is all new :)

OK I think ill need to set up a pri group then as its going to be connecting to an ISDN 30 connection.

Any idea on how to do that mate?

Cheers :)

controller e1 x/y/z

pri-group

ah spot on as ever! thats worked great, I now have int 0/2/0 alive.. but I also have 0/2/0:0, 0/2/0:1, 0/2/0:2...... which are my PRI group I assume.

On my old dial-peers for my UC520 I used to just do something like this:

dial-peer voice 54 pots

description ** Outbound International Call **

preference 1

destination-pattern 900T

port 0/1/0

prefix 00

no sip-register

Is just using 0/2/0 going to work just as well now?

For the PRI, refer to the port as 0/2/0:15

You can ignore the other identifiers.

Note depending on where you are, you can make outside call without using 9. Just have extensions all begin with a digit not used by your contry. Users like that very much because it's like calling from home.

Exellent man thats great. Cheers for your help!

You are welcome, thanks for the nice rating and good luck!