cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Public Dist. List Question

mparella
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the online documentation on how to create a PDL and added three subscribers. When I log into vmail and go to send a message to the extension I get a reponse that "This recipients email address does not exist. If this recipeint is new, wait a few minutes and try again."

i have waited 20 minutes. Is there anything else I need to do or do I just need to wait longer?

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Have you gone thru first time enrollment? Does the subscriber have a recorded name. Just a thought.

rlp

Thanks. When you say 1st time enrollemnt, you mean for the subscribers (members) of the DL correct? They have been around for a while so they are fine.

I see the DL created now in my AD container. I guess my question is do I wait for Windows to fill complete the mailbox creation, etc. or do I go ahead and do it. Also, once it is created is it best to add new members via AD or Unity?

yes the members of the dl. I always do my dls in ad then import (members also) because that is our security policy here. you don't have to do it that way.

it probably took so long because of ad replication

rlp

Thanks! I appreciate your help with this. I will wait a few hours to see if it updates correctly.

Last thing- I created a DL called "IT Test" and in AD it says "IT Test05af795c" is this normal ,and can I change it?

you can change it yes.

the question is will the name change in AD and I am not sure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/administration/guide/ex/sag_0180.html#wp1049724

rlp

you might also want to look at this tool. It is really cool.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_pdl_builder_40.htm

One more thing if I remember right when you create a DL in AD and add members too it they do not have to be unity subscribers.

Unity when you want to add to DL I think it will only show subscibers and not everyone in AD.

That may be good or bad, something to test.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: