Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402-12-K9 upgrade to 25 access points

peter_lengyel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

my customer has an AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 using 12 access point with it, and they would like to increase the number of APs in use. Is there an upgrade option for 25? I couldn't find anything, but I suppose the hardware is the same, it's the software that differs.

If not, can they buy another AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 and connect it to the existing one? Can the software handle to controllers in the same wireless system?

Thanks in advane for all the input!

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Peter,

Sadly the 44xx units are based on AP management - not a software. You could have another AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 and place the secondary in the same mobility group for seemless wireless networking....however if a WLC fails - you have lost the extra 12 AP capacity!

It would probably make sense to by a AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 or even a AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 for future expansion!

HTH.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Peter,

Sadly the 44xx units are based on AP management - not a software. You could have another AIR-WLC4402-12-K9 and place the secondary in the same mobility group for seemless wireless networking....however if a WLC fails - you have lost the extra 12 AP capacity!

It would probably make sense to by a AIR-WLC4402-25-K9 or even a AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 for future expansion!

HTH.

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the quick reply!

NP - glad to help.

Hi

How to upgrade the AIR-WLC4402-12-K9  to support more number of APs .

Could any one share the part code for the licnese.

Thanks & Regards

Lakshman Kumar S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card