cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User/Network locales

ianbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing difficulties in changing my CME 4.0(2) with 7941 handsets to the spanish locale I have downloaded the tar file installed and archived it into my 2801 router archived the folder and created alias directories assigned it to the telephony service and reset the handsets but they still come up in english us.

can anyone help or point me in the right direction as to what the issue maybe.

IOS version 12.4 11(T4)

Thanks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sometime phones get stuck and don't want to upgrade. You can try the factory reset, power off, press # while powering on, press 12345678*0#. In any case your main diagnosti is "debug tftp events".

Watch out that unless you use the T023 firmmware that I've indicated before for 7940/60 it's very likely that phones will become mute at random intervals due to buggy FW.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do "debug tftp events" with "term mon", you will see what files the phones are requesting and correct any mistake in the tftp-server statement. For example, the actual request truncated the country id that is present in the filename itself.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you - I only seem to get the SEP config file nothing else almost looks like the phone is not downloading anything other than this.

When we look in device config on the handsets it says the userlocale in use is BUILTIN.

Try "create cnf" under telephony service.

You can also do "show telephony-service tftp-bindings" and do more on the SEP file to verify that the locale is present in there.

we dont have the spain 7941 in there we have 7960 which must have been there from factory as we have not put them there.

what does this command actually do?

router(config)#tftp-server flash:/es-mk-sccp.jar alias Spanish_Spain/td-sccp.jar

router(config)#tftp-server flash:/g3-tones.xml alias Spain/g3-tones.xml

other than doing this we have archived the file into flash we can see that the handset cannot find the file and must just simply revert to its default in RAM.

I simply followed the process from the following link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelocal.html#wp1087072

The 7960 does not need any external file to use a different language. Check which FW you've on it and the recommended upgrade is the load that is found in XC4 zipfile from CCO CME area.

We now have a handset working a brand new 1 out of the box and we have spanish prompts.

The issue we seem to be having is the handsets that we already had registered on our cme with english us. the handsets have upgraded the correct firmware as per the compatability matrix on CCO. we are trying to reset these 2 handset and we should be sorted.

any ideas as to why we maybe experiencing this issue with only these 2 handsets?

Sometime phones get stuck and don't want to upgrade. You can try the factory reset, power off, press # while powering on, press 12345678*0#. In any case your main diagnosti is "debug tftp events".

Watch out that unless you use the T023 firmmware that I've indicated before for 7940/60 it's very likely that phones will become mute at random intervals due to buggy FW.

thank you for your help we have cracked the issue.

We did not specify in the ephone the handset type but we did with the new handset.

so a school boy error we did not set the ehpone to type 7941.

No problem, it happens a lot.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: