cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960 IOS upgrade -adding crypto

averheaghe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 2960 tt-l switches that I wish to upgrade, adding crypto. It looks like there is not enough flash to have both images. So I will have to replace the IOS. I am on site with the switches today but cannot reboot until long after I leave the site- barring a power outage, I should be able to replace the image today and remote in late tonite and reboot and make my config changes without disrupting service correct?

Thanks,

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

Technically you are correct.

You can replace the image and login later in the day to reload, make changes and test.

Be sure to copy the existing original image to the tftp server before you delete it.

(just in case you need to go back to it)

Also, be sure to copy the existing original config to a text file and save it as well.

(just in case you encounter problems you can go back to the original config)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

Technically you are correct.

You can replace the image and login later in the day to reload, make changes and test.

Be sure to copy the existing original image to the tftp server before you delete it.

(just in case you need to go back to it)

Also, be sure to copy the existing original config to a text file and save it as well.

(just in case you encounter problems you can go back to the original config)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card