Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS - problems copying files from mapped drives

joe.arnstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're having problems copying large files (> 3.5 GB) between a server in front of and behind the CSS.

On the server behind the CSS (let's say 192.168.1.100), the user maps a drive \\200.200.200.2\c$, finds the file he wishes to copy, and initiates the transfer. After about 5 minutes an error pops up saying "The Volume is no Longer Available".

In the past I've experienced extreme slowness when copying via SMB through the CSS but never pursued it. Any thoughts?

Outbound traffic hits group rule:

group from-server1

vip address 200.200.200.3

add service server1-any

active

service server1-any

ip address 192.168.1.100

active

Does the server outside the CSS ever need to initiate communication to the load balanced server in order for this to work?

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All I can think of is flow timeout.

If you have a gap of a few sec between 2 packets, the CSS will consider the connection dead and will sooner or later kill it - not immediately which is what is confusing a lot of people.

Try to configure a 'flow-timeout-multiplier 20' under the group.

we'll need the complete config, server's ip's and a sniffer trace of frontend and backend.

Gilles.

I added the flow timeout multiplier and will have the user test it out.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Giles,

So far we're able to copy the file! I'll try to reply again tomorrow after further testing.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks, Gilles. Seems to work! Now that I see this, there have been a few other applications that might have been malfunctioning because of the same problem! I better make some phone calls...

Joe