CCIE Recertification

Unanswered Question
May 20th, 2008

Hi, I tried to retake my CCIE certification but I failed :( Before that I receive a confirmation from VUE to take the 350-001 V3.0 and when I started the test was the 350-001 V3.1 with 105 questions but not showed on report print, someone knows anything about this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jim_berlow Tue, 05/20/2008 - 09:03

Sorry to hear that you failed. There was some buzz about a new V3.1 test on some of the training vendor's websites. I know those guys are scrambling to update their course materials to adequately train candidates now.

Interesting that there were 105 questions - historically they have kept it at 100 questions. No big deal - just have to keep the focus up a while longer now.

Good luck with your next attempt!

paulo.lobato Tue, 05/20/2008 - 09:12

Thank you for you reply Jim, I believe that is something wrong about the exam because I took a test with 105 question and the print report shows 100 questions, I must to retake the exam soon because my time is over and I just want to know is a normal situation.

thank you for your time.

jason.chilton Tue, 05/20/2008 - 11:10

The extra five questions are "test" questions that Cisco is trying out to see how well people perform on them. These five questions are scattered randomly throughout the overall 105 questions and they do not count toward your final score (hence why it showed your score out of 100). You will not know which of the questions these five are.

paul.matthews Fri, 05/23/2008 - 05:47

Some interesting comments here. I am getting ready to start work for recertification, and a colleague has recently done his. He Booked V3.0, but was presented with 3.1 on arrival. I ahve also looked and the last time I checked there was no published blueprint for 3.1.

I think giving people an unnanounced exam is a little off.

leedscollege Fri, 05/23/2008 - 14:19

I think I too have been a victim of this. If you have read my other post (about who i should complain to) you will see I thought the exam felt like a beta that hadn't been proof read.

paulo.lobato Mon, 05/26/2008 - 04:06

Hi folks, see the answer from Cisco Support about this issue:

"

Dear Paulo,

At the exam welcome screen, displayed at the beginning of the exam, it states that there may be content listed on the exam that is not scored and has no bearing on your results. While we cannot divulge specific information regarding the exam content due to the sensitive nature of exam material, we want to ensure you that your exam was thoroughly reviewed. We have collaborated with the test developers and technical staff to confirm this information.

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been noted and will be taken into consideration for future exam updates. Cisco Systems is continually improving their exams based on customer feedback and technology updates. Cisco's policy is never to change exam scores. This would jeopardize the credibility and value of Cisco Certification.

We hope that you will continue to pursue your goal. To help you prepare for the exam, please refer to the exam outlines found under the Certification Exam Information option at www.cisco.com/go/certifications. We also recommend the training as listed on our web site at the same location. (Please note that our exams are based on the recommended training.)

For more information regarding the Certifications and Training program, please visit www.cisco.com/go/certifications or our Frequently Asked Questions at www.cisco.com/go/certsupport.

Kind regards,

Alex

Certification Support Center

"

Actions

This Discussion