Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME (central) & SRST (remote)

d.chulhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pros!

Can some one save me an hour on google/cisco-search? I have a client with a CCME at their central site and they wish to have (in my words) SRST on their remote site, is there any difference in implementing this with CCME as opposed to CM? Can you point me to the appropriate document that says yes or no?

Many Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can look into the SRND for design ideas.

The thing is that if you have a cme capable router at the remote site, is better to use it in cme mode. The centralized model really doesn't apply to CME.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can look into the SRND for design ideas.

The thing is that if you have a cme capable router at the remote site, is better to use it in cme mode. The centralized model really doesn't apply to CME.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

there isnt any survivability if you have CME controlling all endpoints, specifically at the remote branches and a WAN between them. Well sorry, other than a backup/Redundant CME router but i dont think thats what you are getting at. Im assuming that the CME @ HO controls the branches too, and what the customer wants is to have the phones still work locally in the case that connectivity to CME is lost right?

if thats the case, CCM is the only way i know that can do it. You can as pedro said use the routers @ the branches in CME mode

Hi,

As mentioned in the erlier posts, CME at HO and SRST at RO is not possible.

Let's assume that if this was possible then you should have a CME router and SRST routers at each location. i.e. CME/SRST capability on each router.

If the customer is willing to do this [investement], then why don't you go for distributed architecture. CMEs at all the locations, connected via a gatekeeper to reduce complexcity. Phones at each location would register to their respective CME router instead of the central CME router.

Now if the WAN link goes down, the phones would be able to communicate to each other locally and make PSTN calls if there is PSTN connectivity.

This requires architectural change but can serve customers requirement.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: