Views
Helpful
Replies

cme 4.3 ephone hunting

mikeb
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

hoping someone can help me with a config to have one ext (1444) first ring to (1436) for about 3 rings then back to 1444 and then to voicemail. sounds easy enough but i just cant figure it out.

thanks for any help

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the back and forth thing that is not easily done. Can you explain what problem are you trying to solve.

heres the deal, ext 1444 is the boss, ext 1436 is the assistant. 1436 wants 1444 to ring on her phone before it rings on bosses (1444) if she doesnt answer it will ring his phone.

hope that makes sense

There is more than one way.

One, configure a small ephone-hunt sequential group. To the world, boss's number is pilot. Boss also had a direct number that can be given to a few. If/when admin is absent, she can logout and calls will go directly to boss.

Another one, perhaps simpler. Again there is a "public" number and a "private one". The first, is on a button of the secretary with CFNA to "private" one. The latter is only on boss's phone. Note for this you may want to configure "public" number as silent ring on the first button on boss phone, so you're guaranteed the calls go out using that number, not the private one.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks alot,extremely helpfull now they dont want it to work that way but at least i know for the next time. thank you

Why? Once configured properly is perfectly transparent to users.

ephone-dn 36 dual-line

number 1436

name Ass.t

ephone-dn 44 dual-line

number 1444

name Boss

call-forward noan 1445 timeout 15

ephone-dn 45 dual-line

number 1445

name Boss - private

ephone xx <- admin phone

button 1:36 2:44

ephone yy <- boss phone

button 1c44,45

That's it. You're lucky as you have already cme 4.3 that eliminate certain drawback of shared lines.

Advice, most of the time it's useless to discuss details of how something works with customers, the best you can do is understand what they want, implement and have them try.

I went with the seqential hunt and it worked great, they just decided they like both phones to ring at the same time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: