cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Indoor coverage with outdoor equipment

rezende.c
Level 1
Level 1

Sr, I need to provide coverage in all apartments in a building of four floors. I can't install indoor Access Point because bureaucratic subjects. I need provide this coverage using outdoor equipment.

Somebody already made something similar.

thanks !

3 Replies 3

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Do you mean using outdoor access points indoor or covering indoor from the outside?

In the first case (using outdoor access points indoor) I saw in done in a shopping mall, ti does work properly, even if site survey is a bit of an issue (You need higher mounting for the APs and the amplifier creates coverage patterns and reflections issues a bit specific).

In the second case (covering indoor from access points placed outside), it is more challenging. The penetration power of a wireless wave is not great, you would probably cover well through the windows but have a lot more difficulties through the external walls... depends of course on the building, but I would be cautious...

Jerome

thanks Jerome,

My case is the second case. I intend use 1510 Access Points. I will make a site survey to validate this.

Claudio

Good luck Claudio then!

Everytime I tried I had disapointing results, coverage was fine at the edge of the buildings and poor inside...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card