Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing Custom Field in BA Dialer

venchalam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am able to upload a custom field through the text file to dialing list of the dialer. But I am not able to get the custom field in the CTI OS client. How to pass it from dialer to agent. Please advice.

Tnx

Ven

8 Replies 8

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ven,

only way I could think of passing data is by doing an IVR based campaign and populate one ECC or Call Variable while transferring the call from the IVR to the agent.

Since this is truly a customisation task, I don't know of any written sample for it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ven,

only way I could think of passing data is by doing an IVR based campaign and populate one ECC or Call Variable while transferring the call from the IVR to the agent.

Since this is truly a customisation task, I don't know of any written sample for it.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ric,

Thanks for your response. There is no IVR here. And for Dialer there is no Call Variable or ECC variables are available apart from BA ECC variables. I am able to upload custom fields via file mapping in outbound tools on configurations manager.

I am able to pass Account Number via BA Account Number and first name and last name via BA Buddy Name . But I am not able to pass the custom field which was uploaded along with other fields.

Please advice.

Hi Ven,

as said before I could only think of a modified call flow or some additional CTI Controls to pull that data, I do not see a viable option/workaround for your callflow as it is with the standard components.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ric,

Can you please brief me what is the purpose of the having a custom field in the file definition of a campaign.

My understanding of having the custom field is that, It is used only for filtering purposes i.e. like having a custom field called Loan amount and using it in the condition in the rule clause of query rule general. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Tnx

Ven

Hi Ven,

custom field is there to customise your import or campaign, by example say you want to flag a record as being one pertaining to your silver or gold or platinum customer so that you could differentiate your activities or reporting based on it, that field is just for outbound option operations, by default the Outbound Option Solution will provide only the ECC variables to the CTI desktop.

This said reviewing your scenario I found another possible workaround/option which would be to have an ODBC connection to pull that data from a DB and add it to the CTI popup window or to a custom control on the agents desks, this is something where Dev Support Services might come into help and that I could not discuss in the detail in the Forum, I would suggest contacting them if this option suits you.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Ric,

Thanks a lot. I have design the cti application to the query a custom table based on the BAAccountNumber for other parameters.

Tnx

Ven.

We are using the BAAccountNumber ECC, and substring out with the received variable.  For example: "122333444455555" from BAAccountNumber, and the requirements is that you SQL import query has to concatenate all the field in to that ECC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: