cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will changing the passwords affect failover?

I want to change the unityinstall and unityadmin passwords. Will that have any effect on the failover Unity when failover happens? Will I run into any issues with logins or authentication on the failover? No services are logged in to the accounts. This is Unity 4.0.5. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no services run with those accounts (at least no when they're configured properly and according to our guides ;-) ) so there is really nothing to worry about when changing those passwords, on the other hand if you were changing the dirsvc and msgstore, then u would need to do the process of going into the services window and changing the pwd for each service that uses the accounts

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, you will need to go into the services applet and change the logon password for the services that you change or the service will not start the next time you start the service after the password is changed.

rlp

no services run with those accounts (at least no when they're configured properly and according to our guides ;-) ) so there is really nothing to worry about when changing those passwords, on the other hand if you were changing the dirsvc and msgstore, then u would need to do the process of going into the services window and changing the pwd for each service that uses the accounts

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thanks, that's what I needed.

yeah, but you do not know that someone used "unityinstall" as the service accounts for installations. I ran into a Unity server last week for an upgrade and found that all the service accounts were using "unityinstall" rather than the correct unitymsgstrsvc, unitydirsvc, etc.

haha, tell me about it. i saw at least 10 guys that had issues because the services were running with other accounts other than the ones from the doc when i was at TAC, that's why i mentioned that if the services were running with the accounts according to the documentation there would be no issue... but you never know how the guy that installed the server configured them ;-)

javalenc

HTH

java

That's a good point. I looked in the Services and non of them are using the Unityinstall or Unityadmin accounts. Is there anywhere else that I should check to make sure no services are using those accounts? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: