Views
Helpful
Replies

best practice for CCM route-group setup

study_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

if one voice gateway has multiple PRIs, in best practice, do I need create route-group for each PRI or just create one route-group for this gateway?

thanks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create one Route Group for the PRI. It's a little easier to track. If you want to setup PRIs in different RP based upon traffic, you can. Maybe you want Accounting to use Route Group 1 which has PRI1 in the Route Group. The next group would be Route Group 2 which has PRI2 in it. (if PRI1 is full or down, go to PRI2)

Personally, if it's one site, I will add all PRI's to one group and leave it. Route my 911 priority out the FXOs with PRI as backup.

Hope this helps!

mmm, that one really depends on what you want to do. if you're going to use all of them for all calls as Tommer mentions it's easier to have just one RG.

if you have one for local and other for LD or international then you would need to create different route groups.

also if you have several providers and one offers you a better rate then also having several route groups is a good idea.

in the end it really depends on the way you want to handle the calls, and what usage you're going to give to each PRI.

we really don't have a best practice on that since each scenario can be different, but we can make the necessary adjustments to make things work as you want them thru the route groups and route lists.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Good call on the rates and local/long/int... totally forgot about that angle.