Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 - Axis Camera

gbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a strange issue I was wondering if someone could shed some light on. I have 2 aironet 1200.. Antenna mounted outside on roof.. line of site across a street to another building.

1 access point setup as an Access Point. The remote 1200 setup as a Workgroup Bridge.

I can setup a ping to the other site and it will ping all day long. As soon as I try to hit an axis camera over there i will loose connection after just a couple mins. I have messed around with frame per second for the camera thinking too much video was killing things. No luck... As soon as I restart the main access point it comes right back up.

Here is some info from the event log on the bridge:

Error Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to down

Warning Packet to client 001b.536c.65f0 reached max retries, removing the client

Warning Interface Dot11Radio0, parent lost: Too many retries

Notification Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

Any thoughts? I am going to try and get another device over there that I can send large amounts of data from to see if it a bandwith issue...

Jerry

2 Replies 2

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

I would suspect an ARP issue... try to cache ARP for longer (indefinite)... had the same symptom and it solved it.

hth

Jerome

matthogue
Level 1
Level 1

Jerry,

I am not sure if this will help or not, but here are a few thoughts....

1. Have you verified that you have the latest firmware on each AP, as well as the camera?

2. Have you also set up a link with no security on the AP so you can minimize the authentication process during testing?

The max retries log may be telling you the configuration of 001b.536c.65f0 is off.

3. Why are you going with the bridge instead of a repeater?

Like I said, I am not sure if this will help, but it's a start.

Good luck,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card