OK, another silly question for folks as experienced as yourselves, but here goes anyway.
We are bringing up T3s in our data centers (CA and GA) in prep for an MPLS migration from PRVPN. This is the first time I have dealt with a NM1-T3/E3 module. Both sides are using 3845 routers (IOS 12.4(11)T1, and the modules are installed in slot 1. They have not been configured yet, they are simply installed, but the routers are telling me I have to give it a card type.
<! card type command needed for slot/vwic-slot 1/0>
So here is what I THINK I need to do:
1. Give it the card type command:
<card type T3 1>
2. The module should then initialize and create a controller and an interface. SO next I would deal with the controller piece:
<controller T3 1/0
clock source line>
3. Finally I would think an interface would have to be configured:
description MPLS Interface
no ip address
encapsulation frame-relay IETF
frame-relay lmi-type ansi
These are all just conceptual ideas at this point for me but I think that is the general flow of how the card install will go. I am also quite sure that I'm missing a lot of key commands and /or information within each part to make the module talk to the new service! Questions to you are then:
1. What have I missed in terms of basic setup commands?
2. Is there a general template for configuring these types of services OR
3. Is this missing information something that the ISP needs to provide to me at the time of turn-up?
Your input here is greatly appreciated.