cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN access to Unity

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

hi, just a question re pstn access to a Unity domain. We will have a number of servers within 1 dialling domain, digitally networked. When we set up a external route point to hit Unity from pstn the fact that the servers are digitally networked will the system be able to route the call to the appropriate system.(i.e. hit the opening greeting, hit *, username password etc..) An alternate method would be to have individual route points for each system...regards, jeff

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends how the unity server is intergrated to the PBX or CallManager. I think what you are trying to do is to have subscribers use the "cross logon" access correct?

Unity is able to log users in whatever system they are in if you have it setup correctly with digital networking, etc.

For Unity, I usually setup local route points for each office so they have a "local number" to access to Unity. Then I customize the call handler to tell them they have reached company xyz office voicemail system, to login, press blah blah blah.

hope this helps