Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with IPS MC Auto Update

budi.satriawan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I have IPS MC 2.2 installed. Unfortunately, the Auto Download IPS Update can't reach cisco.com due error:

"Could not connect to CCO: 1) IdsMcSyncFromServer-- HTTP Status 407 Proxy Authentication Required 2) IdsMcSyncFromServer-- HTTP Status 407 Proxy Authentication Required 3) Unable to connect to any signature update server"

My proxy configuration:

- address: 10.123.45.67

- port: 8080

- username: domain.com\user1

I tried just "user1" but still the same

- password: 1234

With these configuration, I can connect to cisco.com using Internet Explorer on Windows where VMS installed. I also put proxy server configuration under Management Connection --> Administration --> Set HTTP Proxy: http://10.123.45.67:8080.

So I assume nothing wrong with the configuration/ISA. Or did I miss something?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The error that you are receiving is indicating that something is malformed in the TCP communication process. I am thinking that your proxy doesn't like something in how we are doing our TCP connection to the server.Are you using the ISA proxy server and Kerberos authentication? If so change to the basic authentication and try it.If you are suing SQUID proxy and its version 2.x try using 3.x version.

Hello smahbub,

Thanks for your reply. Our ISA use NTLM authentication. I've tried to find how to change athentication method in IPS MC but no luck. Any suggestion?

Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: