cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME device update problem

Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I updated device pacakges using web. Error was shown during the update. Here I sent the event log :

Number of Packages Selected for Install : 1

For Product(s) : Resource Manager Essentials

Install Invoked by user : admin

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

Rtr2800

ERROR: Error while installing (LibCommon): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meLibCommon.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

ERROR: Error while installing (LibInventory): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meLibInventory.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

ERROR: Error while installing (Rtr2800): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meRtr2800.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.16

ERROR: Error while installing (SharedInventoryRouter): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meSharedInventoryRouter.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

ERROR: Error while installing (SharedSwimIOS): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meSharedSwimIOS.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

ERROR: Error while installing (LibSwim): C:PROGRA~1CSCOpx emppsuinstall

meLibSwim.zip cannot be installed because, the current mdf version:1.12 is LESS THAN the minimum required mdf version:1.19

No package(s) to install for : Resource Manager Essentials

Any suggestion about what should I do ?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to install the mdf package version 1.19 or higher which can also be added via the Device Updates.

However, to get MDF select to check for updates for Common Services. It should list 1.21 as the latest.

Ok, I'll try it.

I also got problem when updating RME device package.

==============================================

Number of Packages Selected for Install : 1

For Product(s) : rme

Install Invoked by user : admin

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

SharedDcmaIOS

WARNING : SharedDcmaIOS(1.6.3):minor versions are incompatible.Required version 1.8 for LibDcma package

Installation Completed for : rme

==============================================

I have tried to find the 1.8 or latest version of SharedDcmaIOS package, but I found nothing. What should I do ?

Thanks in advance.

You need 1.8 LibDCMA installed

I know I have to install it, but I can't find any dev package at cisco.com to fulfil this requirement. Any help ?

exactly which version of LMS do you have? (and CS and RME)

If I know well, there are some RME device packages which cannt be downloaded from CCO but gets installed with Software Updates for RME. An example is the update from LMS 2.5.1 to LMS 2.6 which brings RME from 4.0.3 to version 4.0.5)

MDF 1.12 is quite old and I think it is time for you to update LMS completely.

You are right. After I upgrade to LMS 2.6, everything is going fine. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: