cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intentional Toll Fraud - i'l explain why!

jtphilies
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CCM 5.1.3 and Unity 4.0

Is there a way i can call my deskphone from outside, then direct me to a prompt for an outside number? Or equivalent to that so a caller can make calls and the charge is on the business site.

or use Unity for caller input of a mobile number?

REASON:

Our business has struck a cheap deal with our PSTN provider on call rates for our business. Including free calls to landlines and to some mobiles.

To take advantage of this my boss has asked (for the safest way) to be able to call from outside and then make a call to any outside number.

i know this is very dangerous to do, but i beleive we can control this by monitoring CDR's closely to minimise abuse.

Help much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Unified Mobility is the solution for you. You are looking for DISA/DOSA equivalent feature.

Look for Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access with two-stage dialing.

The above mentioned features provides the mechanism to have users authenticated before they can make an outgoing call, preventing illegal access.

-> Sushil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cisco Unified Mobility is the solution for you. You are looking for DISA/DOSA equivalent feature.

Look for Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access with two-stage dialing.

The above mentioned features provides the mechanism to have users authenticated before they can make an outgoing call, preventing illegal access.

-> Sushil

mmmm hehe, well, there is indeed a way to do what you want. Mobility would be the best choice but what you can do is create a secret extension to which a user can transfer and have that extension be a call system transfer. of course only the ones that need to do that would be aware of that. you can create it on a main call handler and assign it a number (just don't tell any of that in the greeting)

the other way is a little more complicated, the user dials in, logs into his subscriber, changes the call transfer number, then attempts to transfer to himself again and the call transfer needs to be set to "yes, ring subscriber at this extension" for this to work. it's more complicated than just hiding an entry for a call system transfer within a menu.

of course the way to avoid any toll fraud from any guy that reads this =) would be to limit the access from unity to the partitions that reach the outside and the restriction tables on unity.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks v much for your reply.. im thinking single number reachability will be our answer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: