Can an agent associate with several phones?

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2008

Hi,

Is it possible for an agent to be able to register to several IP phones? Is it possible for an agent to login into CAD with several different extensions or is he limited to only one extension? (one time with 555, next time with 444 and so on...)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rbua Wed, 05/21/2008 - 04:41

Hi Mark,

for the first question you could use Extension Mobility with UCC and for the second part I would use route pattern and translation pattern on the CUCM but leave the extension number the same, just to avoid relaying on the agent to provide the right extension.

Regards,

Riccardo

mattcalderon Wed, 05/21/2008 - 04:42

you can only associate a single ICD extension in ccm but an idea would be to have them use multiple extension mobility profiles with the correctly associated ICD extensions.

thierry.berwart_2 Wed, 09/24/2008 - 05:45

Hi,

So if an agent is defined with one extension.

He can't be logged on another phone ?

but if he controls this second phone and if the RmUser also controls that phone ?

What happens ?

markotisler Wed, 09/24/2008 - 05:48

Controlling other phones does not help, because user is bound to only one extension.

However, he can be logged to another phone, but he has to use Extension Mobility service to transfer his directory number to that phone.

thierry.berwart_2 Wed, 09/24/2008 - 06:07

ok thanks you.

in my case, I cannot use extension mobility ... so i have to find something else.

Kind regards,

thierry

Actions

This Discussion