Helpful
Replies

6500 prolem with 10Gbs Module

pocketldq
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all !

I have a problem with Cisco 6509 module. logging like this :

- CONST_DIAG-SP-3-HM_TEST_FAIL Module 2 TestScratchRegister consecutive failure count:2

- CONST_DIAG-SP-4-HM_TEST_WARNING Sup switchover will occur after 5 consecutive failures

- MLSCEF-DFC2-2-FIB_TCAM_WRITE_INCONSISTENCY FIB TCAM Mismatch for Mask: Index: 196640

- CONST_DIAG-SP-2-HM_LC_CRSH Module 2 crashed due to unrecoverable errors, Reason: Failed TestScratchRegister

- C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED power to module in slot 2 set off (admin request)

After that module is off. I use IOS : (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

The module 10G is : WS-X6708-10GE

I've removed and pluged it again but 1 week later it fail again.Have you got any experiences with this problem. Please show me how to solve this.

Thanks all !

4 Replies 4

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

This would indicate a failed Module. It needs to be replaced.

I think so, Thanks jphilope.

"I've removed and pluged it again but 1 week later it fail again.Have you got any experiences with this problem. Please show me how to solve this."

Yes, I have seen this before. In fact, the 10 gig modules are notorious for failing in the 6509 chassis, in particular. It was a cooling problem. The module would go into environmetal alarm constantly if it was in slot 1 or 2. We would have to move them down to slot 7, 8 or 9.

I dont know if youre getting environmental alarms, but Cisco was definitely aware of this problem and was working on it as of last summer.

HTH

Victor

I've removed and plugged in other slot ,the module start up normal . when connect cable , it fail again.

the 6509 chassis has 2 10Gbs Module , only one module fail.

I think hardware fail.

Pocketldq.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card