cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgraded AP's Not allowed in WCS as Autonomous

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

I have some AP's (1130) that were ordered as LWAPP version but needed to be converted to Autonomous due to project timing. Now we want to migrate them using WCS but the WCS does not recognize these model numbers. Here is the message when I try to import them.

172.17.130.62 Autonomous AP Device type cannot be added to WCS

172.17.130.63 Autonomous AP Device type cannot be added to WCS

172.17.130.64 Autonomous AP Device type cannot be added to WCS

172.17.130.65 Autonomous AP Device type cannot be added to WCS

Is there a solution? I have a rather large network and the WCS/WiSM conversion got delayed but wireless expansion continued. This is why some are now converted. The units that are the normal autonomous models import and upgrade fine.

5 Replies 5

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Which code do they run ? They need 12.3(7)JA later to be converted...

123-7.JA2

Never seen that yet, and done it thousands times with our 1130s in our labs, but with 124-10b.JA3. Could be interesting to convert one using archive download or the conversion utility to check if it converts... not the easiest way I know...

I think it is more the model number of the AP indicating that it is a LWAPP rather then the IOS version.

Agree with you, but the 1130 can be added to WCS, so the only reason I saw why WCS would not recognize it is if the IOS was too old...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card