CRS 4.x prompts folder

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2008
User Badges:

Does anyone know why Cisco thought it would be a great idea to prevent copying sound files straight into the prompts folder on the server for CRS 4.x? You have to upload them via the webpage. You can do it in a zip file at least. But, I use to map a drive to the 3.x server all the time to simply drop the sound files in the folder.

I'm assuming this change has something to do with the database side of things...for those that have CRS configured for failover. I don't know for sure, I'm assuming there has to be a reason for the change and not an actual bug.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jsivulka Tue, 05/27/2008 - 05:58
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

While a simplistic example, here's a sample script that allows the caller to record a prompt and upload it to the en_US section of the Prompt Repository.

Obviously, you'd want to change the language in your case to de_DE, but the concept is the same.

One important concept is that you have to authenticate a user first in order to upload the prompt. That's the purpose of the Authenticate User step in this script.

Hope that helps

kdunning Wed, 05/28/2008 - 05:46
User Badges:

There didn't seem to be an attachment or URL with this reply. I am very interested in this ability as we have to create several custom prompts.

cbelcher Thu, 06/12/2008 - 08:58
User Badges:

I created this script that will do the same thing. Hope it helps.

Just put the prompts in a folder called pd. If anyone figures out how to specify what folder the prompt are uploaded to please let me know.

You will have to change the user to some local UCM user. This was tested with UCCX 5.0.

Attachment: 
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 07/16/2008 - 04:17
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Prompts, scripts, documents, and grammers all must be uploaded through the appadmin interface so the item is stored in the SQL database. The database is replicated across HA nodes when present.

When UCCX is started/restarted it will purge the contents of the directories on the file system and place whatever is present in the SQL database there instead for the CRS engine to use at run time.

Refreshing the script/document/grammer/prompt causes the file to be copied from the database to the file system on all nodes. The CRS engine will use the refreshed item then next time it is called.

Actions

This Discussion