Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 vs. Cisco 3825

l_masoumi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to know the main differences between Cisco 2811 and Cisco 3825... the capabilities which one does have, but not the other?!

I went through both router's Data Sheets, but since I'm not an expert it's hard for me to point out the very main technical differences...

I need a help from an expert or anybody who have worked with these routers. Anybody can practically tell me what are the main capabilities of cisco 3825 over cisco 2811 or what's the point of choosing each one over the other!

Unfortunately I don't know about requirements. I've been asked to compare these two routers! Maybe my problem is that I don't know what should I look for when I'm going through router's spec.!

Any guidance or link for such comparisons, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ladan

I have not gone back to look at the data sheets for those routers, so I do not have details. But in general the 3825 has a faster more powerful CPU than the 2811. The 3825 will take more memory than the 2811, so the 3825 would be considered more scalable than the 2811.

If you look at the throughput capabilities the 3825 will have a higher rating for packets per second and a higher bandwidth capability. You could terminate a T3/E3 on the 3825 but I am not sure that the 2811 would be capable of that. There are probably some network modules that are supported on the 3825 that are not supported on the 2811.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick...It was a good general overview to me.

Regards,

Ladan

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately I don't know about requirements.

You need to know the requirements when purchasing a product. Who knows, after the requirement are given, you may be purchasing a 1800 ISR instead :)

I've been asked to compare these two routers! Maybe my problem is that I don't know what should I look for when I'm going through router's spec.!

You can get the specs from each router's data sheet. The following pages should give you an indication of the performance and services available on each router.

The 3800 ISR supports more IPSec Tunnels, PoE switchports and greater CME processing support.

2800 Page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/index.html

3800 Page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/index.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: